The Everhart Museum is holding a call for entries for their upcoming Gallery ONE Community Art at the Everhart exhibit called “DECKED OUT” featuring local artists’ conceptions of their dream skateboards. Please find details on the website –
The intent to participate is due May 1 (by emailing the Everhart) and the actual artwork is due at the Everhart Museum by June 1.
c a l l f o r e n t r i e s
Exhibit – Community Art at the Everhart – Decked Out
Date Range – 2 August – 30 December 2013
Location – Gallery One
Deadline for Submissions – 1 June 2013
Intent to Participate Due – 1 May 2013
Message – Complementing the Everhart Museum’s Fall exhibit, Sidewalk Surfing: The Art & Culture of Skateboarding, area students/residents are invited to create artworks inspired by their best conceptions of skateboards in art and design. Through
these collaborative efforts, the Everhart nurtures creativity and showcases artistic excellence in the community.
Open to all students and residents in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
DIRECTIVE: Create an artwork that illustrates the skateboard of your dreams, the most beautiful or technological that you would want to use yourself, or would create for your favorite skateboarder.
Originality is key, so please be creative!
1) Work will only be accepted in the following media: painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, or mixed media(2-D). No videos, 3-D work, or installation pieces will be accepted.
2) Entry dimensions must be no greater than 16” x 20” and must be UN-framed and UN-matted.
3) Only original work will be shown. No reproductions will be accepted. Works will not be for sale.
4) COMPLETE entry form/ID tag must be submitted attached to the reverse of each original piece. Work submitted without a complete entry form will not be considered for exhibition.
5) All pieces must be submitted to the Everhart Museum office, located through the rear entrance of 1901 Mulberry Street, Scranton, PA 18510, between 11 am and 4 pm on 1 June 2013. Work may also
be submitted via mail, postmarked by the 1 June deadline.
6) All work submitted will be subject to a juried competition for inclusion in the final show.
Submitting a work does not guarantee that it will appear in the show.
ENTRY FEE: There is no entry fee.
1 May 2013: Intent to participate reply due
1 June 2013: Deadline for art submissions; work must be delivered (with entry form/ID tag) to EverhartMuseum by this date.
2 August – 30 Dec. 2013: Show open to the public in Gallery One
31 December 2013: Show closes; de-installation of gallery
January 2014: Everhart Museum returns artworks to students/residents
A panel of museum staff and community partners will judge the show and select the work for display in Gallery One.
Nezka Pfeifer, Curator,Everhart Museum of Natural History, Science & Art, 1901 Mulberry Street, Scranton, PA 18510